Hello,

Some people have reported that since the new version of git-review the
had issue submitting patches.  The symptom is:

 <someone hack>
 <attempt to send the work by using `git-review`>
 Complaint:

 You have more than one commit that you are about to submit.
 The oustanding commits are:
   <some changes you never did :-]>

The issue is because your last commit has been done based on a remote
named 'origin' whereas git-review use the remote named 'gerrit'. Since
most people update only the origin remote with git pull, the gerrit
remote is lagging behind.  So technically, git-review attempt to submit
any commit between origin/master and gerrit/master hence the long message.

There are three ways to fix it:

 1) always update all remotes by using either:
   - git fetch --all
   - git remote update

Side effect: you have to remember to use those commands instead of 'git
fetch' or 'git pull origin'.

 2) delete the remote named 'origin':
   - git remote rm origin

Side effect: 'git pull origin' does not work anymore :-)  You need to
use 'git pull gerrit'.

 3) Tell .gitreview to use 'origin' by adding the following line:

  defaultremote=origin

 Make sure you have a remote named origin, if not rename the one named
gerrit :D
  Side effect: I can not think of any.

I use (2) aka a remote named 'gerrit'.
I recommend (3) make git-review use 'origin' and I think we should
modify our .gitreview file to add that line. That will avoid confusion.

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso