În data de 25 aprilie 2012, 18:50, emijrp <emi...@gmail.com> a scris:
> [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Emijrp/External_Links_Ranking

Thanks for that, it's pretty interesting (especially the sql file)!

În data de 25 aprilie 2012, 19:47, Lars Aronsson <l...@aronsson.se> a scris:
> On 04/25/2012 04:21 PM, Strainu wrote:
>>
>> Are there any statistics about the number of visitors that go from
>> Wikipedia to different websites linked with external links? We've
>> recently seen some people adding external links (as references) to
>> articles from different newspapers and I was wondering if it's really
>> worth it for the newspaper to have someone add such links?
>

> When a reader is looking at a Wikipedia article, and clicks one
> of the external links, there is (as far as I know) no traffic that
> goes to the Wikimedia servers to indicate this. The only thing
> that happens is that the web browser makes a request to the
> external site. But in that request, the address of the Wikipedia
> article is given as a "referer". You would have to ask each
> external site how much traffic they receive with Wikipedia as
> a referer. (Facebook and some other websites embed external links
> in a tracker syntax, that makes a call back to their own site
> before redirecting the browser to the external site. This makes
> it possible for them to know how external links are followed.
> But I think most people are happy that WMF refrains from this.)

One could also imagine an AJAX solution to this, I believe. But yes,
except for my present curiosity, I also prefer not being tracked.

> I'm running runeberg.org, which happens to be the external
> website with more links from the Swedish Wikipedia than any
> other. On a typical day, yesterday April 24, my site had 42,000
> page views (robot crawlers not included) from 7800 different IP
> addresses, and 902 of them had Wikipedia as a referer, namely
> 732 *different* Wikipedia pages.
>
> Here's one example, at 9:26 AM, one iPhone user got from
> http://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedjebackens_Valsverks_AB
> (an article about a steelwork) to
> http://runeberg.org/steelswe/0114.html
> (page 46 of the book "Iron and Steel in Sweden" from 1920).
> That book was scanned in 2004, the article created in 2005,
> and the link was added to Wikipedia in 2006.
>
> Was this "worth it"? I certainly didn't make any money from it,
> and I didn't pay the people who put all those links in Wikipedia.
> I think it would be very hard to do this on a commercial basis.
> It takes time to add links to Wikipedia, not just the 30 seconds
> to edit the page, but perhaps 30 minutes to find the relevant
> article and the relevant webpage to link to. Can you speed up
> that process, without getting questions about link spamming?

That's more or less how I see it, too. But still, there are such users
[1]. I'm estimating that about 50% of her links remain after cleanup.
I don't want to be mean, but she will probably be blocked sooner or
later for those activities (because most user still see this as
linkspam). So it must be worth *something* to the newspaper, right?

Strainu

[1] https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contribu%C8%9Bii/Ioana1005