On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Erik Moeller <e...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I'd suggest exposing this information to a special page directly in
> the relevant wiki, say "Special:SiteChanges".
+1

> In the magical database backed configuration future,
> Special:SiteChanges might also be able to list out config changes, but
> that seems far fetched right now

On Portuguese Wikibooks we kept a history of configuration changes
which affected our project:
https://pt.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikilivros:Histórico_de_configurações?uselang=en
If we could have some consistent way to tag bugzilla tickets which are
related to a given wiki (is it possible to add new fields for
project/lang?), then a table like that could be generated by a script
eliminating the need to do manual updates. Such a script would likely
use bugzilla API as in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-BugStatusUpdate.js
(which works on pages where
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Tracked