On 9 May 2012 12:17, Arun Ganesh <arun.plane...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought of studying my watchlist for a moment to understand why it was
> the way it was, and I noticed the following:
>

>   1. My watchlist begins half the page down, because of the watchlist
>   options box, which btw I have never used or peered into.
>   2. The first link in each item is that of the current article. I have
>   never clicked this because I might as well go through the changes by using
>   (diff)
>   3. I have never clicked (hist) on the watchlist, I would first see the
>   (diff) and only then browse the history

These days I most often click (hist), less often (diff), and
practically never anything else.

(hist) is more useful for me on the English Wiktionary because I
mostly add translation requests and several bots watch the recent
changes feed which result in minor changes to most pages alter, which
are of no interest to me. Also it seems that people monitoring the
activity also often add other translations. By clicking (hist) I can
see

1) If only bots have changed the page since me, in which case I don't
need to see a diff.

2) When there were several human edits, which ones were in languages I
am interested in.

3) The history page give me a way to get a diff of all changes since
my last edit, rather than just the most recent chage.

Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail)