From: wikitech-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:wikitech-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Krinkle
Sent: 25 May 2012 21:19
To: Wikimedia developers
Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] ResourceManager and Javascript in Mediawiki

On May 25, 2012, at 10:37 PM, Derric Atzrott wrote:

> Hmmm.... does not appear to work for me.  I added
> window.alert("Test"); to the JavaScript file to make sure.
>
> The relevant sections of each file are listed out below.  All of these
> sections are in sections of their respective files that are being
executed.

> SpecialMasterPlanForm.php: http://pastebin.com/qKmTUvYd
> MasterPlanForm.php: http://pastebin.com/GaqhP55g
> js/ext.MasterPlanForm.core.js: http://pastebin.com/sNcbrYRW

Those files look generally OK.

Are you sure that Special page is working (is the HTML output working)?

A few things that may help you:
* enable debugging in LocalSettings.php [1]
* Check your php error_log and/or your apache error log
* Check the browser console, perhaps there is an exeception thrown by
ResourceLoader in the client side?
* Enable debug mode in the front-end by appending [?&]debug=true to the url,
then check the browser console again.

-- Krinkle

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:How_to_debug