On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:08:39AM -0700, Rob Lanphier wrote:
> > I can get behind the decision to use a currently substandard tool in order
> > to preserve Wikimedia's long term freedom.
>
> Even if we accept that Gerrit is substandard (which I don't),
> preserving freedom is a motivating factor.  Moving fully to GitHub
> means not merely letting people who are more comfortable with
> proprietary tools use them.  It crosses the line to requiring it for
> everyone, which sucks.

This is not to you specifically but as a general remark: there are
multiple other alternatives that have been mentioned besides Gerrit and
GitHub with a potential of getting the best of both worlds. I think it's
better to not polarize the discussion between the two most popular
options at this point and talk about all options.

Regards,
Faidon