On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Mark A. Hershberger <m...@everybody.org> wrote:
> I'm willing to set this up to run on wmflabs.org or on my own server if
> there is interest.  This may also be a good way to measure the "need"
> for a point release -- for example, if the nightly starts including
> fixes for annoying bugs that affect a lot of people, then a point
> release is probably needed.  (I'm looking at you, Bug #24985.)

For testing reasons, I think this would be a great thing to have.  I
would love to have a process where Jenkins kicks off a nightly
tarball, running make-release and then uploading it to Swift somehow.
I asked Ben offlist if it would be possible to set up a non-wiki
public front end, and he acknowledged it would be and that we'll
probably need it for other stuff (though nothing is planned, and no
one has explicitly asked before now).

The reason I bring Swift into this is because I'm pretty sure we don't
have any place else that would have the capacity we need to feel
comfortable hosting something like this.  Even then, we'd still
probably want to do pruning (keep a couple weeks of tarballs, then
nuke the old stuff).

Don't read "I think this would be great" to mean that this is a high
priority thing, since I can't promise this won't get stalled behind
other priorities, but it's an interesting idea.  The next step, I
think, is to figure out exactly how hosting on Swift would work.

Rob