I don't think this is a very good idea at all. The real problem has to do
with the definition of a deprecated feature. If a feature has been
deprecated, then it should no longer be used (at least not in the core).
Inventing soft deprecation for features that have been superseded but have
yet to be actually replaced is just a lazy way of putting off fully
deprecating something. Yes, there should probably be some sort of
configuration option to turn on/off deprecation warnings entirely, and I
think the whole $wgDeprecationReleaseLimit is a good approach to this, but
there shouldn't be levels of deprecation. A feature should just be
deprecated or not.

*--*
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science