On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 01:07:21 -0700, Denny Vrandečić <denny.vrande...@wikimedia.de> wrote:

2012/8/9 Daniel Friesen <li...@nadir-seen-fire.com>:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 02:37:39 -0700, Jens Albrecht <jens....@gmx.net> wrote:

Hi,

is there a way to show a page not by using the title-form
"index.php/Main_Page" but instead by using the page id like
"index.php?pageid=X" ?

I hope you get what I mean! Sorry for bad english.

Regards

&curid= should work.

However you should avoid it as much as possible. There are multiple
situations where the page id for one page can change.

Can someone give examples of these situations? I thought the page id
would be even more stable than the page title for a page.

(Maybe the answer is: it depends on what you regard as "a page")

Cheers,
Denny

This was actually a mediawiki-l mail. I use a gmane with a newsreader but have to send via email. So I have to set the To: line manually every time. I barely ever post to mediawiki-l so I instinctively used wikitech-l instead by accident.

The primary case where a page id changes is deletion. If someone randomly deletes a page (even if they have no valid reason and it's later undeleted) when it's undeleted it usually comes back with a different page_id. Because deletion is done by deleting the page row and inserting revisions into the archive table.