Hey,

>  ... is unclear why you're letting it block your work.

The current "interwiki" related code in core has many assumptions baked in
that prevent us from doing what we need to do in phase 1. For instance
"language links" can only be made to sites with an id that is a language
code. Since we're properly identifying sites across our clients, we're
using global identifiers, which will be "enwiki" rather then "en", so this
cannot work. That's only one of the many evil things in the current code.

> this is a controversial approach

How so?

Is anyone suggesting building on top of the pile of crap we currently have
would be better?

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw