I haven't really looked at the discussion, but I just want to note that several
members of the design team at WMF have been working on speculative full
redesigns for some time (myself included). Some of the functional ideas
expressed in Wikipedia Redefined are in our concept, along with others.

They're not ready yet (I'm not happy enough with mine to even upload it to my
user page), but I'm glad people are having these discussions. Please stay tuned!

Back to Photoshop I go. :-)

Cheers,
Munaf

--