On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 8:10 AM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:
> I wonder if it makes sense to post the mailing list archives to Meta-Wiki or
> some other wiki. It seems to have a number of advantages over the use of
> pipermail:
>
> * built-in search via Lucene;
> * control over the content (including the ability to suppress posts);
> * doesn't require rebuilding an archive ever again; and
> * it would bypass some of Mailman/pipermail's bugs, such as messages being
> truncated if they happen to contain a line that starts with "From".

I see that as kinda pointless (for the reduction dot point), as
Mailman sends these out almost instantly (unless that has been
changed?) to many hundreds of email subscribers (and the subsequent
mirrors),  I thought (/have vague memories but possibly getting
confused with something) there had already been a discussion within
the WMF w/ the older legal counsel about the reductions and that they
weren't going to happen for that very reason.

As for the "from truncation" bug, that has been fixed for ages in
Mailman from what I hear... It just needed a update (which I have
vague memories of us doing) and the archives being rebuilt.