I might be wrong, but I believe there's a legal implication to doing
something like this (at least on WMF wikis) since it's removing attribution
to various people who "contributed" to the article, even if it's not in the
traditional sense. Also it kind of violates the basic design of MediaWiki
itself, which is to keep revisions of pages.

*--*
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science
www.whizkidztech.com | tylerro...@gmail.com