I took another look at the output that is created with the data, and I
am at the same time delighted and astonished by the capability and
creativity of the Wikipedia community to solve such tasks with
MediaWiki template syntax and at the same time horrified by the
necessity of the solution taken.

Adding to my own explanation of how Wikidata would help here: we plan
to implement some form of query answering capabilities in phase III
which would actually not work on the full items, as described in my
previous mail, but just on some smarter derived representation of the
data. So specific queries -- the possible expressivity is not defined
yet -- would be performed much more efficiently than performing them
on the fly over all relevant items. (That is covered by the technical
proposal as item P3.2 in
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Technical_proposal#Technical_requirements_and_rationales_3>).

Cheers,
Denny

--
Project director Wikidata
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das