On Oct 5, 2012, at 9:17 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+...@free.fr> wrote:

> Le 05/10/12 19:11, bawolff a écrit :
>> It would be nice if jenkins also did a run with some non-default
>> options. Obviously we have a lot of options, but doing at least 1 run
>> with some of the common variations (say $wgCapitalLinks) would help
>> quite a bit I imagine.
>
> The Jenkins job setup a default MediaWiki install which mean it is
> mostly using DefaultSettings.php.  If we want to test wgCapitalLinks, we
> should write tests for that feature and adapt existing tests to take in
> account that global variable.
>
> --
> Antoine "hashar" Musso

I agree. Tests should make sure their expected results are based on the
configuration they set in the setup/teardown (as opposed to relying on the
default configuration). And if there are any significant differences possible in
the output based on configuration options, then the test should provide tests
for that (as opposed to re-running all test suites for one configuration option
which is an approach full for wasting resources and doesn't scale).

So the Html test cases should just set $wgHtml5=true and $wgWellFormedXml and be
done with it. Because that it will add  /> everywhere is obvious (it should have
one or two assertions to make sure the other behaviour is also tested), no need
to duplicate the entire test suite 2 or 3 times for unimportant details.

-- Krinkle