On 06/10/12 03:08, MZMcBride wrote:
> Erik Moeller wrote:
>> Anyone will be able to join the meeting via IRC to participate and
>> watch the YouTube stream. Sign up if you want, or just join the
>> meeting when it happens.
>
> Hi.
>
> Thanks for working on this. It sounds neat. :-)
>
> I think the current meetings page is desperately missing instructions for
> joining the meeting. For example, are participants going to need a Gmail
> account prior to the meeting so that they can use Google Hangout? Does using
> Google Hangout require any advance preparation such as installing a plugin?
> Which IRC channel should meeting participants join? (And of course depending
> on who you're targeting, there are a whole host of other questions like
> "what is IRC?" and "how can I easily join an IRC discussion [without an IRC
> client]?", though I'm assuming that since this is a tech meeting, maybe this
> isn't as necessary.)
>
> I'd offer to help with the documentation/instructions, but unfortunately I
> don't know most of the answers. Any help you could give would be great.
>
> MZMcBride

Last time I tried, Google Hangout required not only a Google account but
also Google+. You then needed to install a propietary plugin that
refused to work / be installed. That's my experience with Google Hangout.

Connecting instead to a YouTube stream (RTSP I guess?) while reading on
irc looks promising.