Hi, what about having Wikimedia features as organization in Ohloh?

The proposal is interesting considering the current state of things: MediaWiki seems to be stalled with the SVN to Git migration, and it is close impossible to find out what other projects come from this community.

This would help or quest on community metrics, so here goes my humble +1. I also volunteer with some work, basically following the steps of https://github.com/wikimedia and pinging Sumana / here for anything else.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Seeking feedback on new "Organizations" feature on Ohloh
Date:   Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:22:54 +0000
From:   Rich Sands <rsa...@blackducksoftware.com>
To:     metrics...@theopensourceway.org <metrics...@theopensourceway.org>

Hi all,

As I mentioned here recently, we're rolling out a new feature on Ohloh
next week I thought might be interesting to this list. We're adding
rollups of projects into "Organizations", so project contributors and
others could see for example all the projects in the FooBar Foundation,
which ones are most active, the most active contributors, year over year
summary statistics, etc. I know many of you or folks in your
organizations have rolled your own metrics for watching your
foundation's projects and their activity. This feature isn't intended to
replace any of that, but rather to provide a view into how organizations
are contributing to and influencing FOSS. We've spoken with a number of
you who've expressed a need for this, and hope this new feature can be a
valuable resource.

We're rolling this out as a Beta feature and would love to get your
feedback. There are two aspects we're looking at: which organizations
steward which projects, and also which organizations contribute to which
projects through developers affiliated with those organizations, whether
they're for-profit, non-profit, governmental, or educational. Initially
we're concentrating on the first aspect - projects in organizations. In
a near-term iteration we'll add in the contribution bit, but for now
we're not showing stats on which projects an organization contributes to.

If you would like a preview of this feature before it is released, let
me know and I'll send you a URL and a name/password combo so you can
check it out. And if you'd like your organization to be one of the
featured ones when we open this up, I'd be thrilled to add you. All I
need is an organization name, a short description, a logo (if
available), a homepage URL for the organization, and a list of projects
to include. If your projects aren't already on Ohloh, I can help you add
them as well.

We're keen to make this useful, and we're rolling it out in a fairly raw
state, so that the FOSS community can help it evolve. Also, please don't
post about or publicize this new feature before it comes out next week.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

--  rms

Rich Sands
Director of Developer Communities