On 22/10/12 11:26, Jeroen De Dauw wrote:
> In any case, do you think it's fine for extensions to set such non-defined
> fields, or would it be better to go in the direction of the patch that's on
> gerrit? https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/28767/

I think it's fine for extensions to continue to set custom fields in
ParserOutput.

At least one contributor to this thread seems to be confused about
what setProperty() is for, and the docs were very vague, so I have
proposed updated documentation here:

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/28971/

Note that this pattern of setting custom variables in objects which
are passed to hooks is widely used, it's not just a ParserOutput thing.

-- Tim Starling