I'll wait with the extensions in the SVN repo. If someone wants jump in, be my guest. :)

On 10/24/2012 01:40 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
 > Again, everything is editable - the URLs as well.

How about just mediawiki-extensions-wmf-hosted , using the same term as
in the description? And if it seems too broad the other one could be
renamed to -used.

https://www.ohloh.net/p/mediawiki-extensions-wmf-hosted

 > The repo stats themselves are not duplicated.

Can you elaborate? If there is another project for an extension already
in the umbrella project, maybe using another repository (SVN or GitHub
or whatever), or with differences in commit names, how are stats
deduplicated?

If the same repo is listed several times in different projects under the Wikimedia org, the stats of the repo are only counted once.

If we are listing a repo twice via mirrors or pointless forks across Gerrit / GitHub then I'm not sure how smart Ohloh will be (since a git commit has unique identifier anyway) but in any case for us is a bug. Please point to URLs if you find a case like this. I have tried to avoid them, looking only for the repos currently in use.

 > we have no permissions to delete projects as duplicate

Or maybe we have? Jeroen just deleted https://www.ohloh.net/p/mediawiki-core, which ended up being a perfect dupe of https://www.ohloh.net/p/mediawiki after I moved away all the extensions listed in the latter.

If you find a duplicated project you want to delete, ask here and perhaps we can remove it without waiting for Ohloh admins.

This is a pity for what above, MediaWiki (and related) committers have
their stats very scattered among many unclaimed IDs, as you can verify
with more or less any name.
Maybe some projects could be claimed by Wikimedia org to start with?

All these projects have been already claimed by Wikimedia org: https://www.ohloh.net/orgs/wikimedia/projects

If you find new projects that should be claimed just share the URL. If a project listed there should be removed as in "unclaimed" or plain deleted just let us know.

(Then the org becomes a sort of maintainer and can delete too?) A query
like <https://www.ohloh.net/people?q=Raimond%20Spekking&sort=users>
seems to find several that are not under Wikimedia.

Well, Wikimedia people can contribute to non-Wikimedia projects as well...

... which makes me remember that I didn't include the webplatfom/* repos. Should we?

webplatform.org/mediawiki/Comments
        MediaWiki extension Comments for webplatform.org

webplatform.org/mediawiki/WebPlatformAuth
        MediaWiki extension WebPlatformAuth for webplatform.org

webplatform.org/mediawiki/WebPlatformSearchAutocomplete
        MediaWiki extension WebPlatformSearchAutocomplete for webplatform.org

webplatform.org/mediawiki/WebPlatformTranslation
        MediaWiki extension WebPlatformTranslation for webplatform.org

--
Quim