I think that this issue is no show-stopper for releasing MW 1.20, as there is a
clear solution for the problem.

Johannes

Am 26.10.2012 07:48, schrieb Niklas Laxström:
On 26 October 2012 01:07, Platonides <platoni...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 25/10/12 19:03, Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
Your log file:

CACHES: XCacheBagOStuff[main] XCacheBagOStuff[message]
XCacheBagOStuff[parser]
[...]
MessageCache::load: Loading en... cache is empty, loading from database,
[...]
MessageCache::load
1     10002.965     10002.965        98.312%      1670  (    10002.965 -
10002.965) [1]

Shouldn't it fallback to the DB if XCache is not found? Were there changes
with respect to this in 1.20?

Bryan

That's not necessarily better. The current approach of disabling the
MessageCache seems good.

The strange thing is that it will note the cache error before loading
the messages (and not use them). And the cache is then put into disabled
mode. So I don't know why it would take so much time in MessageCache::load()

It tries to acquire the lock until MGS_WAIT_TIMEOUT has passed, which
is 10 seconds. The lock is there to prevent multiple threads building
the cache concurrently. For reasons unknown to me, there is another
lock inside ->lock() ->unlock() which again fails and disables message
cache.

   -Niklas

--
Johannes Weberhofer