Platonides <Platonides <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 06/11/12 23:35, Amelia Ireland wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Is it possible to pause and resume a Mediawiki edit?
> >
> > To explain, I've written a MW extension that accesses an external
> > database; this database requires OAuth authentication [1.0, pre-OAuth
> > wars version], which is a three-step process requiring the user to be
> > redirected to an external site to allow the extension access to the
> > external db. If the MW extension already has an access token for the
> > extDb, all is well. However, if there isn't a token, there is a
> > problem. This is a tag extension, and is triggered by finding a
> > certain XML tag in the wiki page, which typically occurs in the
> > 'preview' or 'submit' of an edit, e.g.
> > http://server.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bibliography&action=submit (the
> > parser hook is ParserFirstCallInit). The callback URL constructed by
> > the OAuth code returns you to the page you were editing, but in its
> > pre-edit state: i.e. you lose all your edits.
> >
> > How can I resume the edit and not lose my edit data?
> >
> > Thanks for any help, clues, or workarounds!
>
> Store the submitted data in the session, then in the callback add a
> parameter that makes your extension to load the data from the session.

Would you be able to provide a few pointers as to how to accomplish this? I am
not familiar with the MW core code, having only really done extension hacking.I
guess I need to be looking at the User class and methods like loadFromSession().
If you could direct me to some existing code I could base mine on, that would be
really helpful.

> It probably makes more sense to give your wiki server credentials to
> read the external db, though.

I don't have any control over this, unfortunately -- the external DB is run by a
company and I have been unsuccessful in even finding out from them how long the
DB access tokens are valid for.

Thanks,
Amelia.