On 11/11/2012 10:32 AM, Andre Klapper wrote:
> So in case there is a culture in Wikimedia Bugzilla to not use WONTFIX
> too often, it could be interesting to discuss its use and the reasons.

Before I left WMF, I had come to use the lowest priority to indicate
what you're using WONTFIX for.

I did this because using lowest priority instead of WONTFIX properly
communicated the amount of attention the issue is going to get from
developers and the WMF.  It says "Sure, this is a problem, but we aren't
going to spend any time on it.  If you can find a way to fix this, we
might use it."

The last bit -- "we might use it" -- is what WONTFIX explicitly denies.
 I felt that WONTFIX should be used for things that the developers
clearly thought were bad ideas -- "Support Facebook logins and 'Like
this page' in MediaWiki core" would be an example of that.

Of course, this is just how i came to use it.  You may decide that this
isn't the way you want to do things.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Any time you have "one overriding idea", and push your idea as a
    superior ideology, you're going to be wrong. ... The fact is,
    reality is complicated -- Linus Torvalds <http://hexm.de/mc>