On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:11 AM, Chad <innocentkil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Amir E. Aharoni
> <amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>> At another commit I made once (forgot which one) somebody commented
>> that I shouldn't have updated the release notes and that this should
>> only be done by the release manager, because this helps avoid merge
>> conflicts and because the release manager has better judgment about
>> which issues are important enough to be mentioned there.
>>

> You *should* update release notes. This statement about having the
> release manager do all release notes is incorrect.

I've never heard that "release manager" claim either.

The current "word" on release notes seems to be at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/CC#Release_notes, which says "All
significant changes to the core software which might affect wiki
users, server administrators, or extension authors, must be documented
in the RELEASE-NOTES file." I've been interpreting that as including
pretty much any bug that was reported by a wiki user.