>> The fact that mediawiki's repository is named "mediawiki-core" doesn't make
sense to me. The chief benefit provided by GitHub is its popularity and
visibility. We don't manage our code review or release process in GitHub anyway,
so I see no reason not to give the most weight to aesthetic / populistic
considerations. Let's make it github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki. Visibility helps!

>This is not possible. Repos are the same name on the source
>and destination.
>
>-Chad

Not to mention that might be confusing down the road for someone looking to find
our copy of mediawiki-core on Github.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott