Adam Hyde from the booktype project will be in San Francisco in the
week of 12/10-12/14, so could potentially do an in-person brown bag
with remote participation on Thursday 12/13 in our usual weekly chat
time slot.

booktype is doing some interesting open source work to create book
quality rendering in the browser using open web technologies like CSS
regions, see BookJS: http://bookjs.net/

Some of this could be relevant to the future of MediaWiki technologies
that serve the same purpose (e.g. an alternative to the current
PediaPress mwlib library).

I'll ask him to do this in our weekly time slot if I can get at least
5 additional sign-ups here by the end of the week:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Meetings/Guest_speakers

Cheers,
Erik

--