I am trying to merge a bunch of changes that have occurred in the master
branch of the MobileFrontend extension to a remote branch (esisupport), but
git review errors out, failing on a change that had been abandoned in the
remote branch.

First I merged the changes from master to a local checkout of the remote.
After fixing merge conflicts, I ran 'git review esisupport' and this is
what happened:

You have more than one commit that you are about to submit.
The outstanding commits are:

503bd3d (HEAD, esisupport) getArticleUrl returns canonical url (bug 41286)
8c70e8b Fix adding unnecessary callbacks in mf-cleanuptemplates
<snip>
Is this really what you meant to do?
Type 'yes' to confirm: yes
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (315/315)
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
To ssh://
awjricha...@gerrit.wikimedia.org:29418/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend.git
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/publish/esisupport/bug/41286 (change
32896 closed)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://
awjricha...@gerrit.wikimedia.org:29418/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend.git
'

What is going on? Am I doing this wrong? Thanks for any help!

--
Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile