On 05/12/12 21:01, Aaron Schulz wrote:
> RDBStore is shelfed as a reference for now. The idea was to partition sql
> table across multiple DB servers using a consistent hash of some column.
> There no longer would be the convenience of autoincrement columns so UIDs
> are a way to make unique ids without a central table or counter.

Why do you need a UID?
The autoincrement id we use in most tables can (should) serve as UID.

It needs a little care when sending the inserts, but it's
straighforward. It can easily be done by a layer on top of our db
classes (transparent to the application).

What table were you planning to partition (and how) that you can't use
the id for the partitioning?