On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 19:30 +0100, Krinkle wrote:
> The proposal Andre makes here sounds confusing, How is that different
> from the current situation? What problem is it supposed to address?

Re-reading what the hack is supposed to do I realize that making another
Bugzilla user a globalwatcher won't change anything.

As I've mentioned before I didn't receive bugmail anymore for a report
after wikibugs-l@ had been removed as assignee of a report && when
wikibugs-l@ was not listed as default CC of the component either.
It works since the upgrade, and I cannot prove if it was related to the
hack, but I guess I can quickly find out after reapplying it.

So anybody with shell access who's passionate about getting this back,
please feel free to reapply the attached patch
  1) on the Bugzilla server and
  2) to drop it into Gerrit's
wikimedia/bugzilla/modifications/bugzilla-4.2/Bugzilla/BugMail.pm
so Gerrit and Bugzilla are in sync (Bugzilla isn't hooked up with Puppet
or Gerrit and you don't want to make things messier, do you?). ;)

andre

PS: Offtopic, just explaining how things work in Bugzilla:

On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 19:30 +0100, Krinkle wrote:
> wikibugs-l as Bugzilla account isn't actually used afaik.

It isn't, but that doesn't matter here. Other Bugzilla instances also
use such virtual accounts, even with non-working email addresses. They
are only created so you can add such accounts to your "User Watching"
list. Then Bugzilla will make you receive the bugmail that such accounts
would theoretically receive. That's all. No email is "physically" sent
to such virtual accounts. That is contrary to wikibugs-l@ which seems to
be an existing and working email address.

--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/