On 12/16/2012 08:44 AM, Leonard Wallentin wrote:

> Hello, here's from a Gerrit newbie: I get the following error message when
> running 'git review' on some changes, after following the instructions at
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Workflow#How_to_submit_a_patch line by
> line.I have previously submitted a change (once)  without any errors. What
> could be wrong? Where do I start looking?
>
> : 2012-12-16 14:33:21.901478 Running: git push gerrit
> HEAD:refs/publish/master/addrealname: Permission denied (publickey).: fatal:
> The remote end hung up unexpectedly
> I have coped the contents of ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub to the SSH Public Keys tab of
> my settings at gerrit.wikimedia.org

When you run `git remote -v`, you should get this line in the output:

gerrit  ssh://rot...@gerrit.wikimedia.org:29418/mediawiki/core.git (push)

The port number (29418) does matter; the SSH server running on the
standard port (22) is not the one built into Gerrit. See bug 35611.

If the port number (or your username, as indicated in Gerrit's settings)
is wrong, you need to change it in your Git configuration:

git remote set-url gerrit

--
Wikipedia user PleaseStand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:PleaseStand