On 01/09/2013 12:02 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
> Andre and me learned yesterday from Sumana that bug days were held
> previously on a weekly basis. This might complicate things, although
> maybe actually not. A possibility:
>
> 1. Pick a day e.g. "Thursday is Bug Day!"
>
> 2. Find a small task / area in Bugzilla e.g. "Let's clean MediaWiki
> Extensions >> Drafts"
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=172051&resolution=---&resolution=LATER&query_format=advanced&component=Drafts&product=MediaWiki%20extensions
>

> 3. Take a chat room less noisy than #mediawiki, or create one just for
> the occasion.

#wikimedia-dev is usually best, in my experience.

> 4. Define a list of nicknames you, Andre, etc (and their availability
> that day. Define also 4 hours of higher intensity where all of you will
> be there and focusing on the Bug Day activity.
>
> 5. Announce the day before to wikitech-l, mediawiki-l and optionally to
> any other relevant list.

A few days before, please!

> 6. Keep all this up to date at
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bug_management/Meeting_preparations or
> the alternative page of your choice.
>
> It feels like more work, but then again choosing smaller topics is
> easier and if a week goes meh then it's not a big deal.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bug_management/Meeting_preparations does
hold nearly all these best practices -- and if anything's missing, yes,
please add it.  Looking forward to more bug triage events (and, very
importantly, FOLLOWUP on those triages, especially where individuals
said "sure, I'll fix that").

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager