From: "Mark A. Hershberger"<m...@everybody.org>
To: Wikimedia developers<wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] Release Notes and ContentHandler

On 01/12/2013 08:00 AM, Lee Worden wrote:
>Do you know that the WorkingWiki extension pretty much already does this?
I was not aware of this extension.

If I am understanding the example at
http://lalashan.mcmaster.ca/theobio/projects/index.php/Greenhouse_paper
correctly, it looks like it uses the <source-file> tag to make it so
that parts of the page are handled by LaTeXML.

Yes, that's what's happening there. On other pages we store R source code, makefiles, and whatever else people want to store.

Just from looking overhttps://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ContentHandler
there seems to be a lot of cross over between what the WorkingWiki
extension does and what ContentHandler enables.  Having ContentHandler
in core may mean that you can reduce the amount of code in the
WorkingWiki extension.

Yes, I think ContentHandler does some of what WW does, and I'll be happy to integrate with it. I don't think we'll want to abandon the source-file tag, though, because on pages like http://lalashan.mcmaster.ca/theobio/math/index.php/Nomogram and http://lalashan.mcmaster.ca/theobio/worden/index.php/Selection_Gradients/MacLev, it's good to be able to intertwine source code with the rest of the page's wikitext.

Also, in a multi-file project, for instance a simple LaTeX project with a .tex file and a .bib file, it's useful to put the files on a single page so you can edit and preview them for a while before saving.

LW