Hello,

I guess this can be answered by Tim or Victor, but I'm grateful for any
pointers that can help me with a rather specific problem with Scribunto.

I'm currently working on the Wikidata project to include Lua functions for
templates that access Wikidata entities.

I've toyed around a bit and extended LuaCommon.php with a getEntities function
and a wikibase table to hold that function. Now I wonder if there are any plans
for Lua extensions outside the mw.* namespace.

I've added a wikibase.lua file and a wikibase.* namespace in Lua. However, the
way PHP and Lua play together and how Scribunto can be extended looks a bit
like black magic (which is to be expected, given that Scribunto is far from
finished).

Here are my questions:
1. Is there an easy way to add your own Lua functions (that call PHP Api
functions) to Scribunto other than writing them into LuaCommon.php?
2. Is using your own namespace the way to go?
3. Are there some kind of examples how to wrap PHP functions into the Lua
environment (using the frame etc)?
4. Is there any way to introspect or debug such wrapped functions?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Cheers,
Jens

--