Hi,

just wanted to inform you about new feature some of you might find useful.
In case you are looking for someone and you want to be notified when they
become online, you can use wm-bot for that (though it's in some wikimedia
channels only, but all general dev channels are already being occupied by
it), for example if I was waiting for hashar, I could just send a private
message

@notify hashar

to wm-bot and he send me a private message when hashar appear somewhere, or
talk and such. It works even on users who are already online but idle (so
it ping you when the user stop being idle)

I know similar features are available in some irc clients, but some of us
have to use webchat and similar clients sometimes, and using a bot this
feature is available to anyone.

Let me know in case you had any feedback for this