So basically here's my goal (it's the same as if ( v. if( ). I don't care
about reaching consensus on either side, because such an attempt is futile.
The only thing I want to at least get some support on is that a given
patchset should not be blocked from merging just because it uses empty() in
a place where it's obviously OK to use it (for example, when you're
checking if a function argument is empty one line below the beginning of
the function).

*--*
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science