We don't have to limit ourselves to free license fonts for what we use on our own servers. We only have to limit ourselves to free license fonts for what we distribute with our software. Of course, we should always try to support free license fonts when they are available, but there is no reason for us to artificially limit ourselves to free fonts for our own projects (assuming the licensing fees are reasonable).

Ryan Kaldari