On 2013-02-13 6:24 PM, "Asher Feldman" <afeld...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be as useful as hoped for tracking
down
> nested callers of Database::begin, the majority of log entries just look
> like:
>
> Wed Feb 13 22:07:21 UTC 2013    mw1146  dewiki  DatabaseBase::begin:
> Transaction already in progress (from DatabaseBase::begin),  performing
> implicit commit!

For starters, why isnt wfWarn being called with a second argument of 2?

Why isnt $fname defaulting to wfGetCaller() if unspecified?

Sure a full backtrace or other more complicated logging may be
useful/needed but as a start we know that saying called from
database::begin is pretty useless.

Before worrying too much about loggging on production, why not deal with
the ones that occur regularly on testing wikis. They are extremely easy to
reproduce locally and happen quite regularly. (For example on every purge
action).

-bawolff