I am strongly of the opinion that within broad ranges deployment frequency
does not matter.  It really does not matter if you deploy twice an hour or
every second day.

But, having the machinery to make it so that you could deploy twice an hour
if you wanted to is all kinds of valuable.

Putting time into building:
 * Continuous integration with build-on-commit
 * Tests with good coverage
 * A staging environment that reflects production
 * Managed configuration
 * Scripted deployment to a large number of machines
pays dividends in uptime, ops sanity and developer productivity even if you
only use that machinery every few days.

We have some of that, but heading further down that road would be a good
thing even if we chose to keep organized periodic deployments.

Luke Welling