To be absolutely clear, this does *not* solve the problem of bots/tools
authenticating on behalf of a user. All it does is solve the problem of
where a bot/tool authenticates under its own user account and, out of pure
courtesy for the community, asks users to prove their identity before
allowing them to use the bot/tool. For bots/tools that actually perform
edits as the user, OpenID would be useless.

Also, I think Wikipedia acting as an OpenID consumer would be bounds more
useful than acting as a provider. That's not to say that having both
wouldn't be a good idea, but the consumer side of it should definitely be a
priority. Think of sites now like StackOverflow, where creating an account
is as simple as pressing a few Accept buttons.

*--*
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science
www.whizkidztech.com | tylerro...@gmail.com