Hello Pau and the Language Engineering team,

I just noticed your email, Pau, so missed your presentation. Greetings
from the San Francisco Bay Area.

While I haven't looked at the YouTube video record yet, I would like
to inquire how to collaborate further with the Language Engineering
team.

I'm developing World University and School, which is like Wikipedia
with MIT OCW, with free, online, C.C., MIT-centric, university degrees
planned, in many languages, as well as wiki-schools for
people-to-people teaching in all 7,413+ languages and 204+ countries.

WUaS would like to develop an universal translator, building on
Wikipedia's 285 languages, as well as Google Translate, etc. The
beginning wiki subject page for this is here -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/WUaS_Universal_Translator - and
I'll add this video from yesterday as reference.

May I add you to WUaS's sporadic, email list?

Best regards,
Scott

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Pau Giner <pgi...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The YouTube link for the event is http://youtu.be/EQgaafveZ_U
> In a few minutes this will become into a live streaming that allow you to
> view the event live from any YouTube-capable device.
> Later, the same link will contain the recording of the session.
>
> Please. let me know if anyone is also interested in joining as an
> additional participant.
>
> thanks
>

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Pau Giner <pgi...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
>> The Language Engineering team is in the process of redesigning the Translate
>> extension <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Translate>.
>> The Translate extension turns MediaWiki into a localisation platform, and
>> it is used in Meta-Wiki, mediawiki.org and a few other Wikimedia wikis,
>> as well as other opensource projects, to make them available in multiple
>> languages.
>>
>> We are planning to do a walkthrough for the latest revision of the designs
>> tomorrow.
>> Since the extension is used by many different projects and users, we want
>> to make this meeting open to get feedback from anyone interested.
>>
>> So we welcome you to join us in the discussion:
>>
>> *When.* Wednesday 27 of February at 8:30 PST (San Francisco), 16:30 UTC
>> (UK), 17:30 CET (most of Europe), and 22:00 IST (India).
>>
>> *What.* During the meeting we'll discuss information from our design
>> specification<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Translate-workflow-spec.pdf>
>>  and the current implementation available at
>> translatewiki.net<http://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Translate&tux=1>.
>> Feel free to take a look to the docs or try the new UI before the event.
>>
>> *How* to participate. The event will be broadcasted using Google Hangouts
>> On Air, so that it can be seen live or accessed later. We'll share the URL
>> as the event approaches. The #mediawiki-i18n IRC channel will be used to
>> get questions from the audience.
>> If you are interested in entering the hangout for a face-to-face
>> participation, you can ping me and I'll send an invite as long as there are
>> free seats remaining.
>>

>> Pau
>>
>> --
>> Pau Giner
>> Interaction Designer
>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>

> --
> Pau Giner
> Interaction Designer
> Wikimedia Foundation

http://scottmacleod.com/worlduniversityandschool.htm

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged
and confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the
distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and
destroy/delete all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.