I have not yet found a good and stable library for JSON parsing in c#,
should you know some let me know :)

However, I disagree with "I feel like such a project would take an
insane amount of resources to develop." If we wouldn't make it
insanely complicated, it won't take insane amount of time ;). The
cache daemon could be memcached which is already written and stable.
Listener is a simple daemon that just listen in UDP, parse the data
from mediawiki and store them in memcached in some universal format,
and dispatcher is just process that takes the data from cache, convert
them to specified format and send them to client.

Sounds easy ;)