On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Kevin Israel <pleasest...@live.com> wrote:

> On 03/06/2013 07:30 AM, Platonides wrote:
> > On 06/03/13 13:24, Platonides wrote:
> >> I just checked and there are 73 authors of the resources of MediaWiki
> >> core. More than I expected, but not unworkable. We could relicense our
> >> css and javascript as MIT, MPL, GPL-with-explicit-exception...
> >
> > I was going to provide the full list: [...]
>
> Don't forget the 58 other authors of skins/ (although some commits
> touching that path might not be to CSS or JS):
>
> $ git log --format=format:%an --no-merges resources/ | sort -u >
> ../resources.txt
> $ git log --format=format:%an --no-merges skins/ | sort -u > ../skins.txt
> $ comm -23 ../skins.txt ../resources.txt
> [...]

Jack Phoenix
> [...]
Let me just state this for the record: I find copyright paranoia and
associated acts, such as this very thread with 59 (and counting!) messages
absurd, ridiculous and a complete waste of time.
Please feel free to treat my code contributions as you wish; my code has
been Public Domain since 2010 (see
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Jack_Phoenix/extensions) and I'm not
objected to (re)licensing the unlicensed ones to Public Domain (or
alternatively, licensing them under Ævar's awesome Do Whatever The Fuck You
Want With It license, the DWTFYWWI, version 1 or any later version at your
convenience or whatever the fuck you may prefer).

Global user preferences (bug #14950), for example, would be both very nice
and useful to have and certainly a lot more productive than a legalese
discussion on who wrote what and what constitutes/doesn't constitute as
downloading or whatever. At this rate, we'll soon be debating about the
very meaning of the word "is". Now can we please get back to actual
development discussion and writing code?

Thanks and regards,
--
Jack Phoenix
MediaWiki developer