On 2013-03-07 4:06 PM, "Matthew Flaschen" <mflasc...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On 03/07/2013 12:00 PM, Antoine Musso wrote:
> > Le 06/03/13 23:58, Federico Leva (Nemo) a écrit :
> >> There's slow-parse.log, but it's private unless a solution is found for
> >> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/49678/
> >> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Logs
> >
> > And slow-parse.log is probably going to be kept private unless proven it
> > is not harmful =)
>
> Why would it be harmful for public wikis?  Anyone can do this on an
> article-by-article basis by copying the source their own MediaWiki
> instances.
>
> But it ends up being repeated work.
>
> Matt

+1 . I have trouble imagining how making this public could be harmful.
There are plenty of well known slow to parse pages already. There's also
more than a couple of ways to convince mw to make slow queries (longer than
the php time limit), we publically release detailed profiling data, etc.
Well that sort of thing isnt exactly proclaimed to the world, its also not
a secret. If someone wanted to find slow points on mediawiki, theres a lot
worse things just floating around the internet than a slow to parse page
list.

-bawolff