Brian, due to the recent introduction of wikidata.org, most language links
are now stored there.

Regardless, you should try to avoid getting langlinks from the raw source,
because it wastes a lot of bandwidth. Please consider using mediawiki
API<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API>to get just the data you need.
For example, for langlinks, use this query:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=langlinks&titles=Russia&lllimit=max&format=jsonfm
(change jsonfm to json in your code)

Using this method you can request langlinks for multiple titles in one
request.