On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 4:52 AM, Denny Vrandečić
<denny.vrande...@wikimedia.de> wrote:
> I certainly don't want to cookie-lick this usecase for Wikidata / Wikibase,
> but I think that using the Wikibase extension for this might be easier than
> it looks. The one major point would be a bit of coding to allow claims for
> the media namespace. But indeed, right now we do not have the bandwidth to
> do this, and if we are to work on it, it would be deferred to the Summer
> (the design can be started earlier, obviously).

Go ahead and lick the cookie for the long-term -- we'll happily eat a
smaller cookie in the short term. :)

This structured data really does belong in Wikidata. But for now we
just need a way to query this info that already exists using templated
microformats, and preferably in a simple server-side way that keeps us
from having to reimplement all the parsing on multiple platforms.

> On the other hand, as said, we don't want to cookie-lick the usecase: if
> there is a quick way to implement it, it is also obviously clear that
> moving well-defined structured data from one system to the other is far
> easier than the original creation of that structured data, and thus
> inefficient use of human work would be minimized anyway. As long as we are
> creating such well-defined structured data, I am happy either way.

*nod*

-- brion