Greg Grossmeier wrote:
>Read this:
>https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Lightning_deployments

Hi.

Looks pretty good. My only tweak was changing the IRC channel to
#wikimedia-tech. It's an old and established channel and seems like a
perfect fit for this. :-)

We'll likely never really move away from roots occasionally doing
unscheduled deployments whenever is necessary or appropriate. I think this
is probably a good thing, but it's something to possibly make clearer on
that page. That is, there are [[deployments]], there are [[lightning
deployments]], and there is "I'm working on this right now and it's
going on the sites now."

Just to clarify your role generally, you're Release Manager, so you'll be
handling MediaWiki releases, as I understand it, but you'll also be
coordinating some (all?) deployments to the production Wikimedia wikis? Is
that correct?

MZMcBride