I know Aaron has spent a lot of time on the job queue. But I have
several observations and would like some feedback. The current workers
apparently select jobs from the queue at random. A FIFO method would
make far more sense. We have some jobs that can sit there in the queue
for extended periods of time, while others added after that point may
get completed in mere few minutes.

Second exposing job_timestamp via the API should also assist in
identifying issues. whether or not some job is being ignored or the
particular wiki is just extremely lagged.

I am monitoring a template modification to file links that occurred
about  hours ago, with a job queue between 350,000 and 500,000 items
this delay seems excessive.