I put together the 1.21.0rc1 this afternoon.  I'll announce it shortly,
but, first, some observations.

* When you add or remove a configuration variable, it should have
release notes.  When you update the release notes, please make sure that
you also update MW.o.  A number of variables are mentioned in the
release notes that don't have a corresponding page on MW.o.  The
following configuration variables are the currently redlinked on
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Release_notes/1.21>.  If you can update
their on-wiki documentation, I (and I'm sure others) would appreciate it.
** $wgBug34832TransitionalRollback
** $wgEnableCanonicalServerLink
** $wgPageInfoTransclusionLimit
** $wgMaxShellWallClockTime
** $wgShellCgroup
** $wgSquidPurgeUseHostHeader
** $wgDebugAPI
** $wgAPIGeneratorModules

* Should the breaking changes be consolidated to a single section of the
release notes?  Right now, they are in three different sections.  I
think they should be moved to the top of their section at the very least
(I did this on-wiki).

* There remains one pending change that is not in the 1.21 release
candidate -- "Password Recovery system uses Tokens" -- because it hasn't
been merged into core yet.  This change will probably have to wait until
1.22, but I'll leave it on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.21
for now.

--
http://hexmode.com/

[We are] immortal ... because [we have] a soul, a spirit capable of
   compassion and sacrifice and endurance.
        -- William Faulker, Nobel Prize acceptance speech