https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-core/blob/master/includes/Hooks.php#L30

> I personally find the comment hilarious and hope you see why when looking
> at the "class". Looks like usage in core and extensions is not to
> extensive, so switching to something more sane seems quite feasible.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Jeroen De Dauw
> http://www.bn2vs.com
> Don't panic. Don't be evil.
> --

Can this please please please be done *after* my patch clarifying hook
execution logic is merged? I'll include a link when I'm on my desktop, but
if I have to rebase it again it's never going to get through.

Also, what alternative implementation are you considering?