 From: Jeremy Baron <jer...@tuxmachine.com>
To: Small M <smallma...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] Sort on category

On Apr 11, 2013 10:56 AM, "Small M" <smallma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It was done before (albeit using a dedicated viewer which is now a
> silverlight control). So it can be done.
First a warning: I can't imagine a MediaWiki feature ever being enabled on WMF
wikis if it works only with silverlight. And you said HTML5 demo. One of the
points of HTML5 is to move away from plugins. So this is confusing. Or maybe
there are 2 unrelated demos (a silverlight and an HTML5)
I believe Brian's point was: this sort of feature would require access to raw
category data in a format that doesn't currently exist. (but can be generated
from existing data) If you've seen it done then what you've seen is probably
based on a snapshot in time (maybe from a dump) not from the live, current
state of a WMF wiki.
-Jeremy