On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:31:13 +0200, Lukas Benedix <bene...@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
wrote:

I can't find any rules like this for Gadgets, but I see lot's of Gadgets
set default in several Wikis. I think Gadgets can be designed badly and
have security flaws as well as Extensions… so there shouldn't there
exists some review process?

There should. But it's impossible in practice, as the gadgets are written by
volunteers for other volunteers, who often have very limited free time, and who
often couldn't care less whether the code is nice or not if it works.

Quite simply, there is not enough contributors to review gadgets, and there is
not enough of them to respond to reviews, if any were to happen. If you have
any concrete improvements in mind, probably the best way to get them done is to
either edit the gadget (if you have permission), or suggest changes to the code
(preferably by pasting in the new version) on the wiki's equivalent to
[[en:WP:Administrators' noticeboard]].

--
Matma Rex